Sunday 30 June 2013

London Adventures // Photossss
















Hello everyone <3
The weather must have been listening to me; it's finally sunny and warm, and I can wear summer clothes! Hooray! We are preparing for an epic bbq this afternoon. There is so much food in my house right now, I'm so excited, I love bbq food, especially when the weather is this perfect. It's funny, because you can just imagine the amount of bbq's happening today; everyone running out to get food, burger buns, cider. Any of you having one today too? I can't believe that I'm the only one. :) I'm also happy, because I'm wearing a new shirt I got in the H&M sale the other day, it's mint green and really light; perfect for a warm day. Photos later!

So back to this post. Yesterday, me and Rob decided to have a tourist day out in London. We do this every now and then. I'm in London every week for work and stuff, but I never venture round being a tourist, so I like to do it once in a while! I wore my new white woven vest, H&M sale, (£5, winning) black trainer wedges and black leggings, both Primark, and my vintage gold chain necklace that I match with everything. :)

Our first stop was to Covent Garden for lunch at Bar and Grill 'Maxwells'. American burgers and grill with my favourite - cocktails! Rob of course found Purple Rain on the menu again and ordered that, and I went for a Baileys Banana Colada. It was basically an alcoholic milkshake, and it was goooood. Once we'd done the rounds here, we headed towards Picadilly, for Hollister and Gilly Hicks. I was overwhelmed by the amount of underwear and bikinis. I can't not buy underwear, I just love it, so I had to exercise some real self-restraint not to buy everything I laid eyes on. I'm glad I did though, because there's a 70% sale online right now.... yay!
When we arrived in Picadilly, we noticed that it was really busy, busier than normal. What we didn't realise was that we had arrived slap bang in the middle of the London Pride parade! There were so many people, and it was a great atmosphere, but it was too crowded for that sort of heat, so we decided it was best to move on.
Now, I discovered the other day that Rob had never been to Harrods. I found this quite unreal. I've only been there like 3 times in my life, but I've still been and experienced it, so I decided it was my moral duty for Rob go and actually see Harrods! As expected, it was also crazily busy, but we went on the Egyptian Escalator, up to the pet spa, (where we saw baby Billy and Baileys, eeek!) and around the Food Halls. They had these incredible meringues, I think I got a photo of the raspberry and dark chocolate meringue. I really regret not buying one now. Oh well, we'll just have to go back... ;)
As we were in the area, we also went to the Natural History Museum (I did warn you about it being a seriously touristy day) and went round the Dinosaur bit, because we are just that cool. Haha.
Once we'd finished checking out the dino's, we went to Kings Cross and went to the Harry Potter shop! (I'm not sure if I've mentioned that I have a teeny tiny obsession with HP? I don't think obsessions a strong enough word, if that gives you a hint.) Anyway...we went and had a look at what was on offer in there. It was okay, had a few good things in it, but wasn't a patch on Harry Potter land in Florida, or the Warner Bros tour. I'm not making myself sound too cool here am I. I've revealed too much. Let's just get off of this topic now before you all leave me!
We then headed to a pub and enjoyed a cider over ice, which was just what the doctor ordered. Normally I'd go for Brothers Strawberry Cider, but if that's not available, Rekorderlig Strawberry & Lime is just as good. They've recently brought out a limited edition Passion fruit one, which could actually be my new favourite. Anyone else a cider drinker? Let me know what your favourite is, I love trying new ones! Like, what's that Toffee Apple one about?!

My feet are aching today, but it was totally worth it. So good to wander around with Rob and discover new places to go!

I have to go and make a start on this BBQ now. I'm hungry! Let me know what you're doing with your sunny sunday! It's too nice to stay indoors. :)

I'll be back later on, to seriously get on with posting my haul from in the week, and todays bbq food, for example, a Mars Bar dip for strawberrys, marshmallows etc. (Yes, it's as good as it sounds!)

Sammy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment