Tuesday 11 June 2013

THE PINK PUNCH

So after a good browse in the High Street yesterday, I bought myself a few treats necessities. 
Up until recently I have had a massive obsession with Barry M nail varnish. I think I owned about 50 at one point, but I've had to get rid of some the gloopiest old ones! Tried thinning them out with nail varnish remover but I don't think any amount could salvage them :( Although they're not the best varnishes, every now and then you do find one with great consistency, that doesn't chip and does give great coverage, but really I think you'd be lucky to find 1 in 5 that is actually half decent! So although they're cheap, if you buy as many as me to find a good one, you may as well have bought something better. 
Now, I've wanted a good neon colour for a while, ever since borrowing a friends and falling in love with it, so I got myself Models Own, Pink Punch from the neon range. It's more that orangey-red highlighter colour, rather than pink highlighter, which they do also have. 
(Models Own, Pink Punch Neon Varnish, £5.00 from Boots)

After cutting, buffering and base coating my nails, (for base coat, I use Rimmel 60 second clear coat. It really does dry in 60 seconds!) I began to apply Pink Punch. It went on really easily, great consistency! I did 2 coats; it looked glossier, and made sure the colour wasn't patchy. It dried really quickly, I didn't have to wait to apply the 2nd coat. I also didn't bother with a topcoat, and after making dinner last night, washing and blow-drying my hair, and going to the gym today, it hasn't chipped at all! 
I will be trying out some other colours to make sure it wasn't just a one-off, but I would give this particular Nail Varnish 5 stars! 

Sammy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment