Friday 14 June 2013

FRIDAY - HAIR CRAZY

Cue party poppers, it's FRIDAY!
I don't know about you, but this has felt like a really long week.
I started my day using my new Aussie products after washing my hair with the last of my Bedhead shampoo and conditioner..(cry)
 photo 603d7a3f-d90c-45ce-ae61-be8d50f52046.jpg
(Aussie, currently 3 for £10 at Boots)

I've been growing my hair out for a year, and had it cut for the first time last week! (Sounds gross, it's honestly not, it's managed to stay in such good condition, considering it's been dyed about 6 different colours, forced into a hair piece for 6 weeks solid, and then hair extensions for 3 months!)
The bottom right is where I am now, it's ALL my own hair! The long one was when I had my extensions in.

I have naturally very frizzy hair. Whilst it was short, frizz wasn't a problem - I suppose it was being cut off before it got out of control - but now that I've got more length, I'm pulling out all the stops to tame the frizz! I like to use Aussie Miracle Hair Insurance, it's a leave in conditioner you spray on after washing. I really recommend this, it really helps keep my hair hydrated after blow drying and straightening. 
You really should already, but if you haven't, PLEASE make sure to invest in a good heat protecting spray! The leave in conditioner helps keep it soft, but isn't actually protecting against the damage your straighteners can do! I'm currently using Aussie Take The Heat, which you also spray on, and comb through your hair before drying. It really does the trick!
Finally, after straightening, I pump a coin sized amount of Aussie Shine Serum into my hand, rub between my fingers, and work it through my hair. For me, mainly at the ends because that's where my main frizz is (damn split ends) but all over too. Try not to go too near the root; this can give the impression that you have greasy hair! Yum.. 

Tomorrow I'm having my hair extensions put back in. Not all over, just to even out the length, as the front is still a tad shorter than the back, and I'd like it all one length. Watch this space for advice on extensions...

Sammy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment