Sunday 16 June 2013

SATURDAY - INSIDE MY MAKEUP BAG

Hey hey!
So I thought I would have time yesterday afternoon to post my makeup regime, but before I knew it, my afternoon had vanished and I had to get to rehearsals for a job I was doing that evening! However, better late than never eh? 

 I know I'm not alone in saying that I have certain skincare and beauty items that I couldn't do without! Every morning, after removing the traces of mascara that I clearly didn't get rid of well enough the night before, I absolutely have to use my Beauty Flash Balm from Clarins. It makes my skin feel awake, and keeps my skin hydrated all day, but doesn't make it greasy or oily. I have very dry skin, so it's a great one for me. It also provides a great base for my make up; it can definitely double as a primer!

Once the miracle Flash Balm has soaked in, I like to use Bare Minerals PRIME TIME. It's a really velvety texture and makes my face so smooth! I like to allow a fair amount of time for my make up; I can do it quickly, but there's no point rushing it if I don't have to..
As I've said before, I suffer from eczema, which I used to get all over my face when I was younger. I've finally got it under control, but it's still very important for me to use the right make up, or it all comes back. Not great! Last year I fell in love with Bare Minerals for foundation, bronzer, and it's mineral veil. I would recommend this brand for any girl who suffers from dry, or patchy skin! Honestly, definitely invest, you won't regret it!
(Bare Minerals Primer, Foundation, Bronzer, Mineral Veil, Brushes and Concealer Brush. Benefit Blusher, and Body Shop Brush.)
The Bare Minerals foundation is a powder foundation, which you swirl, tap, and buff onto your skin! Do any of you use Bare Minerals? If you're interested to know how to apply the foundation and bronzers/blush/veil, let me know and I'll do a post on how-to!
I use the Medium Beige colour. When I first purchased it, I was surprised as I have very pale skin, and thought Light would be the match for me, but Medium Beige was definitely the best choice. I use Medium when I have a tan! 
(Benefit Big Beautiful Eye pallet, Collection 2000 Eyeliner, Rimmel Kohl Pencil Eyeliner, GOSH Eyeshadow Pallet, and Rimmer Scandal Eyes Mascara.)
These are my normal every day products for my eyes. I will definitely review each of these a bit later on! I'm going to focus for now on the Scandal Eyes Mascara from Rimmel. I ran out of Mascara and needed something quickly, and unfortunately my local Boots is a small one, and only stocks Rimmel and No.7! Luckily I love both brands, but obviously the price range is quite different! I didn't have much time to spend choosing, so I went for Scandal Eyes, which was only £6.99 and one I hadn't tried before. 
Well, it definitely kept its promise not to clump your lashes, which is always a big tick from me! I can't bare clumpy lashesand it does capture and separate every lash nicely! However, you do need to apply about 3 coats to make it look like you have mascara on! But it does nicely for a casual, every-day look. 
(One eye with Scandal Eyes Mascara, really lengthens my non existent lashes!)

So, make up on, it was time for me to have a hair overhaul! I can't wait to show you what I had done, I've been waiting for a few weeks, and it's a good story I promise! :)

Before I go, what are your beauty and skincare must-haves? I would love to know what you all recommend! 

Sammy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment