Wednesday 26 June 2013

Mid week posting madness, family birthdays!



Happy hobbit!

Stars and Stripes knickerbocker glory - vanilla and strawberry ice cream, marshmallows, smarties and chocolate sauce. If you're not a fan of sugar, this may not be the ideal choice for you...

Hello everyone! 
I'm sorry, I'm so behind this week. Yesterday was my nans 70th birthday, so my mum and I surprised her with a visit from my aunt (her eldest daughter) in a restaurant. It was brilliant; she really had no idea, it looked like she'd seen a ghost, and had to have a glass of wine. (Big deal because she doesn't drink - bless!) I guess birthday surprises are a good idea! We took her to a restaurant in Southend, called Tomassi's. It's really well known for its desserts - special pancakes, waffles, and these enormous knickerbocker glorys. There are so many flavours; Stars and Stripes, Italian black magic, vanilla macaroon, Eton mess, you name it, and they've probably got it. They're amazing! I love desserts. I just love food in general. Sometimes I go to sleep thinking about what I'm going to have for breakfast... Is that wrong? Surely other people must do that too... Sorry, off in my own world there.
I uploaded a photo of my outfit yesterday. I wore my aquamarine chiffon waterfall-style skirt, from a boutique in Leigh Broadway, the cropped white top I bought from Primark last week, vintage gold chain necklace, River Island drop-cross earrings, and my favourite Topshop black chain waist belt, which I wear with everything! I teamed this with my white low-cut converse, just to keep it casual. Do you have a wardrobe staple you love to wear with everything? My belt is mine, it goes with all my outfits - or at least I make sure it does.

It was lovely weather yesterday, I was relieved to finally be able to wear a skirt without tights! Hopefully it's here to stay, it would be nice to wear some of the summer items I haven't be able to resist buying...

I was so pleased to celebrate with my nan yesterday; she said it was the best of all her birthdays, and I took some lovely family photos to remember it by. I really want to invest in a good camera when I can; my iphone is great for quick snaps, but they're not great quality! 

Over and out for now, I might have done another spot of shopping in the h&m sale.....so watch this space! 

Sammy xo


2 comments: