Thursday 20 June 2013

Primark haul! Mid week shop.

Hello world! 
I've been itching to get back on here to write, but have had two full on days rehearsing for West End Heroes which is playing at the Dominion Theatre this Sunday, in aid of Help For Heroes. It's going to be a wonderful event; there are so many amazing people giving up their time for a great cause. I'm really looking forward to it! 
After the show, there is going to be an after party, which is definitely going to be a 'dress to impress' sort of evening! Normally I always stick to a tried and trusted LBD, (can't go wrong!) but I really want to start introducing more colour into my wardrobe. It was so hard avoiding dresses with black on them, but I've succeeded! (Kind of..) I decided on trusty old Primark as they've got a great selection of dresses at the moment, at really great prices. 
I absolutely love the fit of this dress! I saw the black one and loved the fabric, style, length, everything about it, and then next to it was the bright blue one! Total win-win, I got myself a lovely new LBD, and a bright coloured dress which I can wear on Sunday! As I know the style is great for my body shape, when a black dress may be more appropriate, I won't be wishing that the blue one was black! And, they are only £10.00 each, barrrrrgain! They are also great quality, (considering the source!); the fabric stretches, but doesn't appear see-through, and isn't a thin, lightweight fabric. It feels very durable, and thicker than a normal Primark bodycon. I'm so excited to wear the blue one!  
Above is a picture of a ring I got for £1.50 too. The zip on the dress is gold, but looks a bit silvery in the picture, so I'm planning to wear it on Sunday too. I will of course post a picture of the whole outfit! Definitely need to choose some shoes....that's another whole can of worms; why do I continue to only buy black heels?! If anyone has any ideas as to what colour shoes would be a good investment pair, please let me know! If you've seen some, tell me! I'm thinking something tan/nude would be pretty versatile?

Seeing as how I've titled this post a 'haul', I should probably show you it! Cue photo:


(Apologies for the quality of the first picture, I don't know what was going on with the light in my room!) 
I'm obsessed with these lovely high neck crops at the moment, this black one was about £3.50 I think! And I think the white cap sleeved one was the same price. They're so easy to dress up, or wear whenever, maybe with high waisted jeans or something. I couldn't really say no, I love stocking up on basics! Heel shields, very handy, especially with a night out on the horizon ;) And finally, these two necklaces were reduced to a £1 each! A black rope chain with a silver cross, and a tan strap with a gold cross. I liked how the cross' were only knotted on, so I can change them about depending on my outfit that day. I wear a lot of black and gold so I think that'll be a popular combination. 

Anyone else picked up some good Primark bargains recently? The Topshop sale started today; I didn't have a chance to stop in, but I bet some lucky ladies got some great steals there today!

Sammy xo 


No comments:

Post a Comment