Thursday 27 June 2013

Skin and Make up tips for battling HAYFEVER!


Hello lovely readers, 
Again, I must apologise for the infrequency of my posts this week - there's been a lot going on, but I'm nearly  back on track now! 

Well, it's definitely hayfever season. I feel sorry for anyone who is suffering like I am. There isn't enough piriteze in the world to get rid of this! I find that not only do I get the funny throat, and watery eyes and nose that is standard with hayfever; it also wreaks havoc with my skin. I'm sure I'm not the only one? I thought I'd post some of my best tips for advice if your skin is messed up by season changes/hayfever, too. 

- Allergy Tablets. 
Okay, so while this isn't a beauty tip or quick fix, an allergy tablet before you go to sleep, and when you wake up is definitely the first step to tackling watery or puffy eyes. If you can get these under control, you're onto a winner. It's bad enough when you're out, and the wind causes your eyes to stream, and your mascara ends up in strange places. So try to control it from first thing in the morning! Piriton are my savior, they really are. (Obviously, I understand if you don't take tablets, that's fine, don't feel compelled to do this!)
- Washing!
So, pollen gets around. Once you've woken, and allergy-tableted up (if you take tablets :]) make sure you thoroughly cleanse your face, especially round your eyes, and nose. Do whatever you normally do in the morning, shower, or face planting into the sink, warm water, cold water, face wash, just make sure you do so in hayfever season! I would then normally cleanse and tone with my No7 cleanser and toner, which I will post about soon. And then I follow with Clarins Beauty Flash Balm, which you can read about briefly here. Pollen gets around and will have clung to your skin over night, so it's best to decrease what you can at the start of your day. 
- Make up
If your skin goes as strange as mine, you'll know how it feels and looks slightly blotchy, mine changes texture and is nothing like its normal smoothness! You'll also know that it's not going to be happy with a lot of make up on it. Obviously, sometimes it's inescapable - you ARE going to have to wear make up, because you have places to be! (Luckily for me today, the only place I went to was the gym, so I got away with being make up free, giving my face and well-received break.) 
The best advice I have, is to not over-clog your skin with too many products, in order to make it appear more natural. Less is more! This can be said for many situations, but it really is applicable here. 
(---BASE)
No7 Colour calming primer is BRILLIANT, if your skin is red or patchy. Its a green, creamy primer, which is formulated to be non pore blocking, revitalise skin, and creates the perfect foundation base by neutralising redness on the skin. I LOVE this product - and save it for when I really need it - days like today are a perfect example! Perfect for anyone who suffers with patchy skin, or redness throughout the year, like I do. 
Okay so back to make up!
If you're going to wear foundation, try not to use heavily oil based one, as it may sink into your already upset skin, and will not provide a matt, even-coverage, when you need it the most. I would recommend a mineral based foundation, Bare Minerals, L'oreal true match. If you don't buy into powder based foundations, I do quite like the Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid. It's quite light on your skin, and is air whipped, for top pore coverage. Or, just use your favourite tinted moisturiser for the day! 
Go ahead with what you would normally do, but gently! Bronze and blush as normal.
(---EYES)
My eyes show off that I am affected by hayfever, so I avoid using too much on them. They'll look and feel heavier and smaller than normal, showing that something's up! Personally, I wouldn't use eyeshadow on a day like today and normally -I can't live without my eyeliner, but if it's bad enough, I will. So I'd either not use it, or do the smallest line, and just use a good WATERPROOF mascara for the day. (If you'd like to hear about my opinions on waterproof mascaras, I'll do a post. Just let me know!) 

I'm just trying to express that rather than caking on loads of make-up to compensate for angry skin, use less, and aim for a fresher, dewier look, you'll more natural and your skin will really thank you for it!

Do you any of you experience upset skin with hayfever, or does it play up when the weather changes? Mine always does, but some of my friends are lucky and never do! 
I hope my advice may be of use to someone. I'd be happy to go into more detail if you'd like. Just let me know! :)

Guess what - It's Friday again tomorrow! Fabulous Friday, at last!
I've just remembered that I still need to post some of great finds in the H&M sale the other day...I'll get on that soon!

Over and out for now!

Sammy xo





No comments:

Post a Comment