Tuesday 2 July 2013

Happy 2nd July! // Minnie Mouse Nails

Afternoon all!
As you may have noticed, I've changed the url of my blog, and the header. When I started my blog, I didn't really know what I wanted to name it, so everything I had to name was something different. I'm not sure what made me choose Just Freckles either, (apart from the fact that I have a lot of freckles :]) but I think I'm happy with it! So re-welcome to my blog, Just Freckles!
Also, pinch punch, flick and a kick and all of that for the 1st of July. I am aware that it was yesterday, but I missed it. So, a belated, yay it's July! Bring on summer! To you all.
I attempted some sort of fancy nail art today, Minnie Mouse inspired. I have shaky hands for some reason, and can't seem to do my nails neatly, especially when I'm trying to do my right hand with my left! But I gave it my best shot.
















There we go! I used a Nude Barry M nail varnish for the base colour, a no. 17 Red for the tips (which took me a long time to get straight. Anyone have any hints on how to make that easier?) and some nail art pens for the bows and polka dots, that I bought from eBay. They've got a thin brush, and a nib top for more precise detail. They are pretty adventurous for me but I'm pleased with them! The only other thing I can do is leopard print. I attempted some zebra-like stripes the other day, but it just looked like I'd had an accident with the black pen...

Does anyone else like to experiment with their nails? If anyone has any tips and tricks for me to try, I'd love to hear!

Sammy xo



Follow my blog with Bloglovin!



No comments:

Post a Comment